Laundry Room Thought Starters
ENVISION YOUR LAUNDRY ROOM…
(a) Included workspace for folding, flat-drying and stain removal.
(b) Wire baskets permit air-flow needed for ventilation and drying—and permit you to see what you’ve stored.
(c) Conceal stronger cleansers out of the sight and reach of younger children.
(d) Lined, divided baskets hold and hide sorted laundry until you’re ready to do the next load of lights or darks.
(e) Rods and shelves array garments awaiting a press or hand-wash.
(d) A fold-out ironing board is easily pressed into service, but saves space when not in use.
- Chalkboard or whiteboard wall: Paint one wall of your laundry room with chalkboard or whiteboard paint. This provides a functional and interactive element where you can write notes, create to-do lists, or leave messages. It adds a playful and customizable touch to the space.
- Vintage-inspired decor: Give your laundry room a charming and nostalgic feel by incorporating vintage-inspired decor elements. Look for retro signs, vintage laundry tins or jars, or antique clothespins. This adds character and a unique flair to the room.
- Hanging drying rack: Install a hanging drying rack or clothesline in your laundry room. This allows you to air dry clothes indoors and adds a practical and rustic touch to the space. Choose a rack with colorful clothespins or add string lights for an extra touch of charm.
- Laundry-themed wallpaper: Use laundry-themed wallpaper to create an eye-catching feature wall in your laundry room. Look for patterns that incorporate clotheslines, washing machines, or laundry symbols. This adds visual interest and a playful atmosphere to the room.
- Open shelving with decorative storage: Install open shelving in your laundry room and decorate it with decorative storage containers. Use baskets or bins in different colors or patterns to store laundry supplies like detergent, dryer sheets, or stain removers. This combines functionality with visual appeal.