Guest Area Thought Starters
ENVISION YOUR GUEST AREA…
(a) Incorporate lighting for reading in bed and outlets for charging cell phones, cameras, etc.
(b) Enclosed spaces make room for your stuff without cluttering your guest’s experience.
(c) Fold out a wallbed for a welcome that doesn’t wear out a multipurpose space.
(d) Provide a pull-out surface where your guest can jot notes, consult maps or get work done.
(e) Invite guests to hang up their things with a closet, valet rod or hooks.
- Travel-inspired theme: Create a travel-inspired guest room by incorporating elements from different countries or cities. Hang a world map on the wall and mark the places your guests have traveled or dream of visiting. Decorate the room with framed vintage postcards, travel-themed artwork, and unique souvenirs. This creates a sense of wanderlust and adventure for your guests.
- Personalized memory wall: Create a personalized memory wall in the guest room, showcasing memorable moments and experiences. Hang a collection of framed photographs, tickets from events, handwritten notes, or postcards from special places. Arrange them in an artistic and visually pleasing manner, allowing your guests to reminisce and feel a sense of connection. This unique decor idea adds a personal touch and sparks conversations about shared memories.
- Customized welcome basket: Prepare a customized welcome basket for your guests, filled with thoughtful items to make their stay more comfortable. Include essentials like water bottles, snacks, travel-sized toiletries, and a handwritten note with local recommendations. Present the basket on the guest’s bed to make them feel warmly welcomed.
- Custom artwork or gallery: Commission or create custom artwork specifically for the guest room. This could be a painting, a collage, or a series of framed prints. Choose artwork that complements the color scheme and style of the room, and aligns with the interests or preferences of your guests. Alternatively, create a mini gallery by displaying a collection of unique art pieces from different artists or genres. This adds a touch of sophistication and individuality to the guest room.
- Nature-inspired accents: Bring the outdoors inside by incorporating nature-inspired accents in the guest room. Use botanical prints, leaf-patterned fabrics, or floral wallpapers to add a touch of nature to the walls. Place potted plants or fresh flowers on a side table or windowsill to create a soothing and refreshing ambiance.