Kids Room Thought Starters
ENVISION YOUR CHILD BEDROOM…
(a) Mount moveable hooks low on a slotted wall—so it’s easy to put things away. The wall is also a safe place to display artwork and other mementos.
(b) Accommodate a variety of activities:
doing home-work, playing with blocks, building forts…
(c) Low wire baskets gather laundry or toys. See-through containers allow kids to choose what they want without upending the whole lot.
(d) Suspended from the walls, a closet system makes way for vacuums and future flooring changes.
(e) Adjustable shelves and rods grow with your child.
(f) Double and triple up on hanging space while tots are small, placing lowest bar where kids can reach favorite outfits.
- Adventure Wonderland: Create a whimsical landscape mural. Add a canopy or loft bed with playful elements like a rope ladder or rock climbing wall.
- Space Explorer’s Haven: Paint the walls dark blue or black. Use glow-in-the-dark stars. Incorporate space-themed bedding and accessories. Project images of the night sky.
- Enchanted Forest Retreat: Paint the walls green and brown. Use tree decals. Hang fairy lights. Create a nature-inspired reading corner with a teepee or tent.
- Underwater Paradise: Paint the walls blue. Use underwater-themed wallpaper or decals. Add a fishnet canopy. Include marine-themed bedding. Create the illusion of bubbles with paper lanterns or string lights.
- Dinosaur Explorer’s Hideout: Paint the walls in greens and browns. Use dinosaur-themed wallpaper or decals. Add a canopy or cave-like reading nook. Create a DIY dinosaur excavation area with a sandbox and buried bones or fossils.