Home Office Thought Starters
ENVISION YOUR HOME OFFICE…
(a) Work the walls with shelved cabinets that round up books, binders and photo albums.
(b) Make way for technology. Will it be a stationary monitor and PCU or a laptop used in multiple places? How will you connect to power and the web?
(c) Consider everyone and every way to use the space: homework, bill-paying, online shopping, work brought home. This may affect your choice of seating, worksurface height and storage.
(d) Make an office at home anywhere by choosing styles and finishes that complement your décor.
(e) Don’t discount display: the photos and artwork that inspire you… and the reminder tools (tack board, marker board) that keep you on-task.
(f) Warehouse your waste basket, recycle box and paper shredder within easy reach.
(g) Augment any natural light with task lighting for your primary work area.
- Gallery wall: Create a gallery wall behind your desk or on a prominent wall in your home office. Display a collection of inspiring artwork, motivational quotes, or personal photographs. Mix and match frames of different sizes and finishes for a visually appealing and personalized touch.
- Ergonomic and stylish desk chair: Invest in an ergonomic desk chair that provides comfort and proper support for long hours of work. Choose a chair with a sleek and stylish design that complements your office decor. Opt for colors like gray, navy, or even a vibrant hue to add a pop of personality.
- Greenery and plants: Add a touch of nature to your home office by incorporating plants and greenery. Place potted plants on your desk or shelves to bring life and freshness to the space. Consider low-maintenance plants like succulents or air plants if you don’t have a green thumb.
- Personalized bulletin board or corkboard: Hang a bulletin board or corkboard near your desk to keep important notes, reminders, and inspirations within sight. Personalize it with decorative push pins, inspirational quotes, or photos of loved ones. This adds functionality while showcasing your personal style.
- Cozy reading nook: If you have extra space in your home office, create a cozy reading nook or relaxation corner. Place a comfortable armchair or a small sofa with cushions and a throw blanket. Add a bookshelf or a side table with a reading lamp for a calming and inviting atmosphere.